User ID is not case sensitive whereas password(s) are case sensitive.
Your user Id cannot be changed. It is mandatory for you to change passwords with your own convenient passwords at first login. Later on at any time you can change your passwords but not the user ID.
The Login password will enable you to get access to you accounts (View only). When you are doing any transaction/payment using the Internet Banking Services then the same is to be confirmed by using Transaction password.
Passwords can be changed any time and any number of times through change password option under your IBS login. In fact, bank recommends frequent change of passwords for securing access through internet.
While choosing password, please ensure that:
1. Your Password should be easy for you to remember and difficult to guess by others.
2. Simple password(s) are not selected.
3. The passwords which can easily be guessed e.g date of birth, car number wife/mother's name etc should not be used.
4. The passwords should be combination of alpha, numeric digits and special characters.
5. Use at least one special character (like @, #, $ etc) in your password otherwise system will not accept your passwords.
Please choose a password that is not a dictionary word and not guessable from your personal information known to others such names in the family, vehicle numbers etc. You should change your password frequently. Please try to remember the password and do not write it down or paste it somewhere. Last but not the least, never ever disclose your passwords to anybody be it by any communication i.e. verbal, email, SMS, on paper or any other communication mode.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BANK WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORDS IN ANY CASE. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY MAIL ASKING THIS INFORMATION.
Five (5) attempts are available for login password, whereas for transaction password there are 4 attempts. After the unsuccessful attempts the passwords get disabled and you have to make request at any branch for resetting of the passwords. New passwords would be sent to the same branch after resetting.
Passwords are case sensitive. Kindly be a little more careful while typing the system-generated passwords for the first time.
1. The format of the mailer password sent to you by the bank is as under:
First Character Capital Alphabet
Second character Special character
Last 4 characters Digits
Keeping the above format in mind please try to login again.
2. It is also possible that your Internet Banking account has not been activated. Please attempt logging in after 24 hours of receiving the password. If the problem persists please get in touch with the branch.
Please check the cipher strength of your system. You may check cipher strength of your computer by clicking About Internet Explorer in the Help menu option of Internet Explorer. If it does not show cipher strength of 128-bit then please update the same by clicking Update Information button.
Login password has no expiry period, however transaction password expires after 90 days. Please change the password before expiry of the same.
Nothing to worry, just click on Forgot Password at the login page and submit your request online by entering IBS key Number (Only for retail IBS users).
In case, you don't have IBS Key, then please submit request at the Branch for resetting of the passwords. The passwords will be sent to the branch and same may be collected by submitting acknowledgment.
If you forget the username/user ID for Internet Banking Services, kindly contact your base branch.